About Me

My photo
East Orange, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 4 UDUTU Project

UDUTU

Click the UDUTU Link Above to view my UDUTU Project.

My Udutu experience was actually very rewarding, I found myself always trying to figure out how to make my lesson better. It’s a great tool to have as a teacher in order to guarantee that you are delivering the material in a creative and innovative way. My lesson focused on Picture prompts, has proven, at least in my school district, to give students difficulty. The only problem that I foresee with Udutu is that it has a small learning curve. Many teachers will probably rather create a lesson the traditional way and be done with it. Overall I think that this LMS its amazing and has incredible potential.

All images were retrieved from http://www.google.com/imghp

Reference:

Poe, E. (1845). The Raven.

Poe, E. (1843). Tell Tale Heart.

3 comments:

  1. Pedro, I think your topic of using pictures to understand text and to increase writing skills is wonderful! Your audio was extremely clear. I was a little confused with the flow of your slides though. I feel that Slides 3 and 4 should be switched. You gave a great explanation in slide #4 for what to do…maybe use Tell Tale Heart after that as the article that the students are going to read for the activity. Slide 3 just seemed out of place. Also, I would suggest doing a module on listening to a story and matching the right picture, then looking at a picture and writing details about it, and then lastly have an activity where the student reads and produces a picture. I think this is a better flow of difficulty, giving students early successes to get them ready for the harder task; especially if you have students that have extreme difficulty with reading and writing. This way, the students don’t actually have to be good readers to complete the first two sections. Hope this helps! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pedro,
    Your topic was a great one to focus on! Picture prompts can be tricky for students. I agree with Michelle, that certain screen could be switched (screens 3-5). I really liked your screen 7 and 8. Maybe you could add another screen after screen 8 where student view a picture and then map out their own ideas for a story. I do not know if that is even possible on Udutu. I can tell you spent lots of time on this project. Well Done! I hope your students get to go through your lesson and are less anxious next time they must complete a picture prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Pedro. Thank you for your feedback on my Udutu project. It was helpful. I guess knowing the in's and out's of my AR would help tie in to what I was trying to assess in the course. When I'm Udutu savvy, assessments will be clearer.

    I also had the pleasure of examining your Udutu course. Pedro, you have such a knack for creativity in media, that your ideas maybe overwhelm you! What I mean is, you want to try a bit of everything (because you can do it and you're just so good at it!) Simplifying the media creations and narrowing down your thoughts is all you may need to do.

    Each time we have these kinds of projects, I know you're going to come up with something great because this is your talent. I hope what I've added is somewhat helpful. I have learned so much from you throughout this entire course and have been challenged to push myself more because of the quality work that I've seen you do! Keep up the great work!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete